Zucchini & Sweet Potato Cakes
- 1 4 oz zucchini, grated
- 1 8 oz sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast found in healthy markets or the baking aisle of most grocers
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess water with a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, seasonings, and flour and gently mix.
- Add the grated zucchini and sweet potato and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high and drop ¼ cup of zucchini mixture into skillet.
- Press the mixture flat with a spatula and allow for the bottom to brown (about 4-5 minutes) before turning to brown the second side (2-3 minutes).
- If you are working in batches, you can transfer the finished batches to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 300-degree oven.
Serve with poached eggs for a scrumptious breakfast! Click here to learn more about nutritional yeast.