Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 cooked sweet potato pre-baked or whole roasted at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- 1 cup cooked ground meat optional - and preferably poultry, if using
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6-8 cremini, portabella or shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale
- 4 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp Bragg's liquid or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional - but it really makes the dish!
- On medium heat, put the tomatoes in a skillet whole to dry roast for a minute or two until they start to soften.
- Add oil and onion, sauté until translucent and add the mushrooms.
- Saute for 2 minutes, add greens.
- Once greens are wilted add a dash of aminos and the nutritional yeast flakes.
- Reheat or finish cooking the sweet potato and put the toppings directly over the potato and enjoy! You can add ANY veggies or meats you would like to this.