Big Green Greek Omelet
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp tsp dried turmeric
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled & divided
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt, pepper and turmeric. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ghee or olive oil to pan. Add fresh asparagus and cook until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add fresh spinach to the pan. Allow to soften approximately 30 seconds, stirring to combine with asparagus.
- Pour egg mixture over your cooked vegetables. Allow to cook until the edges of your eggs begin to slightly set, (30 seconds to 1 minute). Sprinkle ¼ cup of crumbled feta over omelet.
- Allow to cook through, occasionally lifting the edge with spatula and tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg to run underneath. Repeat until eggs are set, about 3-4 minutes.
- Gently fold the omelet in half. Serve immediately, topped with basil, oregano and remaining ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese.
Keep your spatula handy! Try fresh basil and oregano for a more robust flavor. Optional: add ¼ cup chopped red onion and/or bell pepper.