Blanched Green Beans with Almonds
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water and a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add a generous amount of salt to boiling water.
- Using a slotted spoon add green beans to boiling water and cook until bright green and slightly tender, approximately 4 minutes. Transfer from boiling water to ice bath.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and blanched green beans and saute until heated through, approximately 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sea salt and pepper (to taste), and slivered almonds and serve immediately.
Saute with 1-2 cloves of garlic for added flavor!