Braised Leeks & Cabbage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 10 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small head of green cabbage (about 2 lbs) take the core out and slice
- 1 cup leeks, white & pale green parts only, washed and halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- Saute leeks and cabbage in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium. Simmer until cabbage is tender, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Transfer cabbage and leeks to a serving platter with some of the broth. Remove bay leaf and peppercorns from broth.