BYG Breakfast Scramble
- 1 egg, beaten per person
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional, but secret ingredient!
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- goat cheese optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute the potatoes and onion for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, nutritional yeast and saute 1 minute.
- Add spinach and saute 30 seconds.
- Stir in eggs until cooked through and top with cheese to serve.
Nutritional yeast flakes are found in the baking aisle of most grocers or in the bulk section of healthy markets. Click here to learn more about nutritional yeast.