Herb Crusted Mustard Salmon
- 1 lb salmon fillets (2 pieces)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- fresh lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl, combine your yellow mustard and spices. Set aside.
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on a sheet pan or baking dish lined with parchment paper or a small amount of ghee/oil to prevent sticking. Rub mustard and spice mixture evenly over fillets.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on fillet size and thickness. Salmon is fully cooked when it is a light pink color and easily flakes with a fork (internal temp 125 - 140 F).
- Top with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Serve with asparagus and (cauliflower - Earth, brown rice - Fire) rice. Use any leftovers in a breakfast scramble (Air, Earth), or as protein on a salad (Earth).