Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water and a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Bring a large shallow pan or skillet of water to boil over high heat (you’ll need enough water to cover the asparagus). Add a generous amount of salt to boiling water.
- Using a large slotted spoon or tongs carefully add asparagus to boiling water and cook until bright green and slightly tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer from boiling water to ice bath.
- Drain water from pan and add olive oil. Return blanched asparagus to the pan and add sea salt and black pepper. Saute until heated through. Serve immediately drizzled with fresh lemon juice.
Add leftovers to your salad!