Quick Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Clean Crock Pot Chicken (shredded) see recipe from the BYG Recipe Library!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries optional
- In a small bowl combine your spices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash your avocado, lemon juice and olive oil with a fork until smooth. Add cooled and shredded chicken breast, olive oil and spice mix and stir until combined.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
It is normal and safe for any leftover to discolor towards a brown color - that is the natural oxidation of the avocado. Serving suggestions: Serve with sprouted grain bread or wrap, in a seaweed or lettuce wrap or over arugula/greens.