- 2 cups perfect quinoa see recipe in the BYG Recipe Library
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cucumber, peeled & finely diced
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, seeded & finely diced (1/2 cup) may use sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Lemon zested (optional)
- 1 Heaping pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast 3 - 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool, then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add quinoa to pine nuts, and stir in cucumber, Roma tomatoes, onion and parsley. Fold in olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or allow to marinate as long as 2 hours. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Good quality olive oil will solidify in the refrigerator. This does NOT affect the quality! Allow leftover tabouleh a minute or two at room temperature before enjoying.