Crumbled Sweet Sausage
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey (dark meat is best)
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (100% pure)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- Combine your spices in a small bowl.
- Combine your spices and meat in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, add ghee and ground chicken or turkey mix. Crumble and when about half done (about 3-4 minutes), add your Maple syrup. Combine and continue to cook until chicken or turkey is no longer pink.
You can combine your meat and spices a day or two in advance and store in in the fridge. The flavors will be more abundant! Be creative with your spice mix - an extra dash of ¼ tsp of Turmeric or Nutmeg may suit your taste! You can double the recipe and use this in several meals throughout the week. See: Simple stir fry | Sweet butternut bolognese