White Bean Stuffed Portobello
- 6 Portobello mushrooms (stems discarded)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tsp, divided
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cleaned mushrooms stem side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp each fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Brush mushrooms with oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast mushrooms in oven until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Flip mushrooms and drain juices from the baking sheet. Set aside for now, and increase oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high. Add half the garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add beans, 1 tsp thyme, and 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer to make a sauce, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost evaporated or 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts until coarsely ground. Add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp thyme; pulse to combine.
- Top each mushroom with 1/3 cup bean mixture. Next, Divide nut mixture and feta cheese among each mushroom.
- Return sheet to oven and cook until cheese melts, approximately 5 minutes.