Hot Feta Salad
- 1 lb lettuce (spring mix or combination of different lettuces)
- 2 scallions (white parts only, finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 spears asparagus, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta or goat cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, start with spring mix, herb mix, or any mix of greens that you would like.
- Add the veggie toppings.
- Make a hole in the middle of the greens and put the feta cheese in the hole.
- Squeeze lemon over the greens.
- Saute slivered almonds in olive oil until almonds start to brown and immediately pour the almonds and hot oil over the feta cheese.
- Let sit for one minute, toss and serve.
May add more lemon and olive oil if needed.