Cod with Fennel
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb cod cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 large carrot diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium fennel bulb, white part only sliced
- 4 medium cloves garlic pressed or minced
- Squeeze lemon juice over the cod and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a 12 inch skillet
- Sauté onion over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, and fennel and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Continue on medium heat for about 10 minutes, the liquid should have cooked down a bit.
- Place cod on top and continue to cook covered for about 6 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve cod with vegetables and broth.