Moroccan Lamb with Chickpeas
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cups carrots diced small
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 15oz can organic chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb to the pan and cook until browned, about 6 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the lamb from the pan and leave the remaining fat in the pan and add olive oil.
- Saute onion and carrots about 4 minutes.
- Add the spices (ingredients up to the broth) and stiff constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add lamb, broth, raisins, and chickpeas; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.