Servings: 4 people
- 4 tomatoes diced or 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic pressed in garlic press or grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 leek thoroughly washed only slice the white parts
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (high quality or preferably sheep milk) grated
- Preheat oven to 400-degree F
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Sauté onions and leeks until brown. Add the tomatoes, garlic and pinch of salt to the onions. Sauté the ingredients until the tomatoes are soft, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the ingredients and add basil.
- Spray olive oil on a baking sheet and place the mushrooms on the sheet with the bottom side up.
- Divide the toppings and cheese into 4ths and add to eachmushroom. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 12minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Ready to serve!