Shrimp Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Tamari
- 1-2 heads broccoli chopped into bite sized florets
- 3 carrots julienned or matchsticked cuts
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely diced
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp rice brown vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 lb shrimp deviened and peeled
- 1/2 lb udon noodles
- 2 tbsp mirin or sake (rice wine)
- Cook udon noodles as directed. Drain and chill in refrigerator.
- Sauté shrimp, broccoli, carrots and snow peas in 1 tbsp grapeseed oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic at the end to avoid burning garlic.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar, mirin, aminos, and sesame seeds and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour remaining vinegar, mirin, aminos, and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Fold in noodles (chilled).
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to veggies and quickly reheat on stovetop.
- Add the noodle mixture to the warm veggies and reheat until noodles are warmed through.