Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chilli
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans organic kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups organic vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- plain yogurt optional for adding as a topping
- Add all ingredients except the cilantro to the crockpot. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Check consistency about 30 minutes before finish time and add water or stock to thin if the mixture gets too thick
- If it's too thin, take the lid off and let it cook down on high stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom
- Add fresh cilantro and a dollop of plain yogurt to serve.