Terra Cotta Spaghetti Squash
Servings: 4 people
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb ground meat (Grass fed beef, turkey, chicken, lamb)
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded, minced optional
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup sweet corn frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup cilantro minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cut squash in half and placed skin-side down in a square glass, ceramic, or metal baking dish with 1/2 inch of water.
- Roast squash in a 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes until tender
- Cool. When cool, scoop flesh from squash halves leaving the shell intact for stuffing.
- For the filling: heat oil in a large pan and sauté first three ingredients until meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, corn and chili powder; sauté 1 minute longer
- Add the cooked squash and all remaining ingredients, cook 1 minute until heated through
- Fill squash halves with filling, mounding mixture in the center.
- Serve immediately, or this mixture may be stuffed into squash the day prior to eating and reheated.