Weekday Udon Stir Fry
Servings: 2 people
- 1 roll of udon noodles Most brands of Udon noodles are packaged in rolls to define servings
- 1 zucchini peeled and cut into matchstick / julienned
- 1 Japanese eggplant or 1/2 regular eggplant peeled and cut into matchstick
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into matchstick
- 4-6 shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 small onion sliced thinly
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds or Gomasio Gomasio by Eden Foods = yummy!
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce Tamari or Bragg's Liquid Aminos are preferred
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth
- Boil the noodles, drain in a colander, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add 1 Tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- Add the onion and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the carrot, zucchini, celery, eggplant, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, lime, sesame seeds, and 1 tsp soy sauce and cook another minute.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp grapeseed oil and add the chicken and Chinese five-spice powder and 1/2 tsp soy sauce. Saute until the chicken is cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles, chicken, and chicken broth to the large pan of vegetables and stir at low heat until everything is thoroughly mixed and the broth is warm, about 1 more minute.
This recipe is versatile so feel free to add what ever vegetables you have in the fridge and skip the protein. Napa cabbage, bok choy, and red bell pepper are great in this recipe. Top with fresh cilantro, scallions, and extra Gomasio for a great finish!