Whole Grain Blueberry Walnut Pancake Batter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup other flour (buckwheat, quinoa, almond, coconut)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 4 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax
- 4.5 tbsp water
- milk substitute (oat, soy, rice, almond, etc.)
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 apple finely chopped (optional)
- Mix together ground flax and water.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add oil, vinegar, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and flax mix.
- While stirring, add milk substitute to desired consistency, don’t over-stir.
- Mix in berries and apple. If berries are frozen, thaw them in warm water or they will freeze the batter! Add a little more milk substitute if necessary.