Ya Ya Vegetable Soup
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can organic Navy beans, rinsed or 2 cups cooked, if using dried beans
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups kale, escarole or spinach, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- Saute onion and fennel in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, and garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, herbs and beans and bring to a boil.
- Add greens and reduce heat to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
This recipe is very versatile so use whatever vegetables you like. It tastes even better the next day!