Kimchi Fried Rice
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup kimchi cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 slices of turkey bacon (nitrate-free) chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice: if it is freshly cooked chill it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1.3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- On medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil to wok or pan and saute bacon and mushrooms until bacon is cooked through and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the kimchi and garlic and cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add rice and kimchi juice.
- Mix until thoroughly coated and kimchi juice is slightly reduced
- Add toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. Remove from heat
- Add 1 tsp grapesee oil to small pan and fry eggs sunny side up.
- Serve the fried rice on a plate, garnished with green onion. Place the soft yolk egg on top of the rice.