Chickpea Snack Mix
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice (avocado, coconut or olive)
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried apricots or cherries
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper orsilpat (silicone) and set aside.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and line in a single layer on paper towels to drysome of the moisture, replacing with dry paper towels as needed.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake for10-12 minutes. Do not add any salt or additional spices yet – this will helpthe chickpeas gain more crisp!
- Carefully remove chickpeas from the oven. Add kale. Drizzle with oil of yourchoice and top with spice mix. Carefully toss to coat and return to oven for anadditional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven once more. Rest on a trivet and gently shake to rotatechickpeas and kale. Add almonds if desired and return to oven for 8-10 moreminutes or desired crispiness. Remove from oven and allow baking sheet tocool completely, preferably on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, transfer mix to a bowl and add dried fruit and darkchocolate chips. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5days.