Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra to brush peppers
- 1/2 cup drained cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth may use up to 1 cup depending on desired consistency
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 450 F and place the ovenrack in the top position.
- Slice the peppers in half (length-wise) and remove the stems and seeds.
- Lay the peppers on the baking sheet, cut side down. Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Roast the peppers until skin has blackened, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in blender with all remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan. Cover and simmer over mediumheat 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed or sautéed zoodles (zucchini noodles.) Top with fresh parsley or basil.