Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1 1 lb package dried red kidney beans
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- cooked rice (follow package directions for 6-8 servings)
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot, and add ½ cup butter to the pot. Add celery, onion, green peppers, garlic, and spices. Sauté until onions turn soft and clear.
- Add beans and broth. Stir.Turn Sauté mode off.
- Cover, twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Press the Manual button and set to 40 minutes at high pressure.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Then, turn the valve to venting.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.