Greek Village Salad
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges Use grape tomatoes if you prefer.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 20 Kalamata olive, pitted
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried dill, or 2 tbsp fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large shallow salad bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Make the dressing by placing the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. You can make the dressing the night before to let the flavors infuse.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently but thoroughly.
- Garnish with feta cheese.
If you have a hard time digesting peppers and onion, try sautéing them before adding to the salad.