The BYG digestion philosophy is that each of us has a specific connection to our food. Having a certain type of digestive system can drive cravings as well as poor eating habits that you may not be aware of.
We want to give you the tools to begin optimizing your relationship with food in order to improve your energy, balance your appetite, feel satisfied after meals and normalize your elimination. We do not begin by telling you what to eat and what not to eat. We begin by assisting you to become aware of your habits around eating.
Do you have a tendency to eat in a rush while catching up on today’s news or the family’s latest Facebook post? Or often catch yourself too busy to take the time to stop and eat? Digestion is a complex thing and requires an immense amount of energy to perform the task of breaking your food down into usable energy. With too much air, your energy levels can be that of a wind storm: comes on fast but only last for a short amount of time.
When you do not take the time to let your digestive system do the work it needs to do, your stomach may start “talking back” by gurgling or belching after meals.
Habits That Increase Air = Imbalanced
- Eating while distracted or talking too much during meals prevents proper digestion.
- Eating while standing up can disturb the stomach and create gas.
- Irregular mealtimes will negatively affect your body rhythms.
- Too much concern with eating only foods that are labelled healthy or low calorie.
Habits That Decrease Air = Balanced
- Eating in a peaceful setting can ensure that you get the most out of the food you consume.
- Sit down and let gravity do its job. Your digestive system naturally creates an easy path for your food to travel down.
- Regular mealtimes allow your digestive system to get in synce so that your appetite is balanced.
- Experience freedom from the latest foods trends and get in touch with what your body really needs!