The BYG digestion philosophy is that each of us has a specific connection to our food. Having a certain type of digestive system can drive cravings as well as poor eating habits that you may not be aware of.
We want to give you the tools to begin optimizing your relationship with food in order to improve your energy, balance your appetite, feel satisfied after meals and normalize your elimination. We will not begin by telling you what to eat and what not to eat. We begin by assisting you to become aware of your habits around eating.
Do you notice that your food tends to sit heavy on your stomach? Do you often feel bloated?
With a lot of earth, your digestion and metabolism may often seem sluggish. Lucky for you, though, you do tend to be more regular than most people.
What we focus on for you, Earth, is to learn how you can fire up your metabolism and boost your energy.
Habits That Increase Earth = Imbalanced
- Watching TV and sitting long after eating.
- Eating without hunger or between meals can lead to a buildup of toxins and general heaviness.
- Emotional eating in response to stress can create a negative relationship with your food.
- Snacking after dinner or before bed creates toxicity and disrupts sleep.
Habits That Decrease Earth = Balanced
- To spark your digestive system, after your past meal of the day, go for a 10-15 minute light walk.
- Allow one meal to be digested completely before the next for optimal metabolism.
- Simply become aware of your emotional relationship with food and make a conscious effort to substitute healthy activities such as exercise.
- Giving 2-3 hours between eating and going to bed assures a good night’s rest and reduced sluggishness the next morning.