The BYG digestion philosophy is that each of us has a specific connection to our food. Having a certain type of digestive system can drive cravings as well as poor eating habits that you may not be aware of.
We want to give you the tools to begin optimizing your relationship with food in order to improve your energy, balance your appetite, feel satisfied after meals and normalize your elimination. We will not begin by telling you what to eat and what not to eat. We begin by assisting you to
become aware of your habits around eating.
Do you notice a tendency to eat fast or overindulge a bit? Taming the hunger can be a challenge for you, Fire. This is because your digestion tends to be sharp and hot, mimicking hunger signals.
Even though you have a strong digestion, the acid levels in your stomach tend to rise which can cause some discomfort and indigestion.
Habits That Increase Fire = Imbalanced
- Watching TV, reading news or eating while driving interrupts the brain-stomach connection, disrupting digestion.
- An irregular eating schedule causes your body to send hunger signals that can be hard to manage.
- Eating fast or overeating puts extra pressure on the stomach.
Habits That Decrease Fire = Balanced
- Eating in a peaceful environment and sitting relaxed for a few minutes after eating lets your digestion get to work.
- Regular mealtimes allow your digestive system to get in sync so that your appetite is balanced.
- Chewing at a moderate pace will create a feeling of satiety, signaling the brain that you have eaten enough.
- Giving 2-3 hours between eating and going to bed assures a good night’s rest and reduced acid or sour stomach.