Breakfast Mung Beans
Category: Breakfast, Side Dish
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup mung beans (whole or sprouted)
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin or coriander
- 1 generous pinch turmeric
- 1 generous pinch chili flakes or chili powder (omit for Fire element!)
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 cup bone broth or chicken stock
- fresh cilantro leaves
- lemon juice
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil, add 1/4 tsp cumin powder, a generous pinch of turmeric and chili flakes. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté on medium for a minute.
- Add in the cooked mung beans and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add in the stock liquid and bring to a boil.
- Cook on low-medium heat, covered, for 10-15 minutes depending on how soft you want the beans to be.
- Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro leaves and lemon juice.
- Optional: Top this with ground meat, cooked egg, roasted vegetables or wilted spinach.