Broiled Salmon with Tomato Arugula Caper Salsa
Category: Side Dish, Snack
- 2-4 4 oz wild salmon fillets (serves 2-4, depending on how many fillets you are cooking)
- 1 1/2-2 cups tomatoes, chopped (Roma, cherry or grape)
- 1 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice plus 1/2 tsp zest
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Combine ingredients for salsa and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but it will keep for 2-3 days.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and squeeze lemon juice over. Sprinkle dry rub evenly on fish.
- Preheat the oven to broil and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place fish skin side down on a broiler pan that has been oiled to avoid sticking.
- Broil for approximately 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and broil for an additional 3 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the salsa generously on top of the salmon and serve.