Chicken Fried Rice
Category: Main Dish, Small Plates
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 lb organic chicken tenderloins (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp grapeseed/peanut/coconut oil (preference is grapeseed)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup red pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup snow peas or frozen peas (sliced )
- 1 yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise and sliced)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp gamasio (seaweed, sea salt, sesame seed blend (optional)
- 4 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 4 green onion (thinly sliced )
- In a small bowl whisk egg.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp grapeseed oil and scramble eggs
- Transfer eggs to a clean bowl and set aside
- Wipe skillet clean and heat over medium-high heat until pan is hot.
- Add 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil and brown chicken, about 5 minutes
- Add broccoli, carrots, celery and red pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add snow peas and yellow squash and cook 2 minutes more
- Add garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, gomasio, and soy sauce and simmer for 3 minutes until vegetable are crisp tender.
- Stir in brown rice, green onions, toasted sesame oil, and scrambled eggs.
- Reduce heat to low and warm through, about 5 minutes