Chickpea Snack Mix
Category: Snack, Vegetarian
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice (avocado, coconut or olive)
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried apricots or cherries
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper orsilpat (silicone) and set aside.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and line in a single layer on paper towels to drysome of the moisture, replacing with dry paper towels as needed.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake for10-12 minutes. Do not add any salt or additional spices yet – this will help
the chickpeas gain more crisp!
- Carefully remove chickpeas from the oven. Add kale. Drizzle with oil of yourchoice and top with spice mix. Carefully toss to coat and return to oven for an
additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven once more. Rest on a trivet and gently shake to rotatechickpeas and kale. Add almonds if desired and return to oven for 8-10 more
minutes or desired crispiness. Remove from oven and allow baking sheet to
cool completely, preferably on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, transfer mix to a bowl and add dried fruit and darkchocolate chips. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5