Creamy Potato & Leek Soup
Category: Soup & Salad, Vegetarian
Total Time: 75 mins
- 4 leeks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter (grass fed)
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 cups water (may add more water to adjust the thickness)
- 1 cup goat’s milk (or soy or cashew milk) (may substitute vegetable broth for milk)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash leeks and slice them (both white and green parts) and wash again. Rinse well to remove any grit.
- Heat oil in large pot and add the leeks. Cook over medium heat until leeks are soft.
- Meanwhile, scrub and cut up potatoes into 1” chunks. Place potatoes into the pot and add water and salt or broth. Cook until potatoes are soft and almost falling apart.
- Use a large wooden spoon to break up potatoes or use had masher. Add soy milk and cook for another 15 mins to develop the flavors. Add salt if needed and grind lots of pepper.