Cuban Black Beans
Category: Side Dish, Small Plates
Total Time: 75 mins
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeno, plus 2 tbsp pickling juice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Select Saute function on Instant Pot.
- Add grapeseed oil, chopped bacon and onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add jalapeno and garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add water, chicken broth, dried beans, vinegar, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to the pot and stir. Close and lock the lid, select Manual function, and set timer for 50 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions for 15 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir beans and remove bay leaf.