Curried Ground Turkey
Category: Main Dish
Total Time: 35 mins
- 3 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh spinach (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil (or ghee) and onion and saute until it begins to soften, approximately 4 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and use your spatula to crumble the meat as it cooks. Stir occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add spices (curry, cumin, coriander, salt, turmeric, black pepper and ginger) and stir well to fully combine the flavors.
- Stir in the peas and diced tomatoes. Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice or a baked sweet potato and garnish with fresh parsley, if you’d like. Optional: stir in fresh spinach right before serving.