Herbed Brown Rice Pilaf
Category: Side Dish
Total Time: 55 mins
- 1/4 cup organic butter or ghee
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, thyme (finely chopped)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet with a lid, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the rice and onion.
- Saute until the rice the becomes opaque and the onion starts to become translucent
- Add the chicken broth and parsley and bring to a slight boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 40 minutes, covered, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork, season with fresh herbs, salt, and pepper, and serve.