Kimchi Fried Rice
Category: Main Dish, Small Plates
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup kimchi (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 5 slices of turkey bacon (nitrate-free) (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice: if it is freshly cooked (chill it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1.3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- One medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil to wok or pan and saute bacon and mushrooms until bacon is cooked through and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the kimchi and garlic and cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add rice and kimchi juice.
- Mix until thoroughly coated and kimchi juice is slightly reduced
- Add toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. Remove from heat
- Add 1 tsp grapesee oil to small pan and fry eggs sunny side up.
- Serve the fried rice on a plate, garnished with green onion. Place the soft yolk egg on top of the rice.