Mung Bean and Sweet Potato Stew
Category: Main Dish, Soup & Salad, Vegetarian
Total Time: 60 mins
- 1 cup cooked mung beans
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can organic tomatoes
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- cilantro (optional) to garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the carrots and sweet potatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté another minute. Add tomatoes, stock, turmeric, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Add cooked mung beans and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until everything is soft and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Add coconut milk, lemon juice, and garam masala. Stir well to combine and heat through. Adjust seasonings before serving. Top each with fresh cilantro.