Perfect Baked Sweet Potatoes
Category: Side Dish
Total Time: 5 mins
- 3-5 whole sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet in your instant pot along with one cup of water.
- Scrub your sweet potatoes and pierce them a few times. This will allow steam to escape when they cook, and prevent them from splitting open while they cook. Place them on the trivet inside the instant pot. (It’s ok to stack them!) Depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, you should be able to fit anywhere from 3 – 5 sweet potatoes. I’ve found that I can usually fit 3 – 4 medium sweet potatoes in a 6 qt Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set valve to “Sealing.” Pressure cook for the following amount of time, depending on the size of your potatoes:
Small: 20 minutes
Medium: 30 minutes
Large: 40 minutes
- Allow pressure to naturally release at least 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure. Carefully unlock the lid, and enjoy your nutritious sweet potatoes!
- If your sweet potatoes are not fully cooked, don’t worry! Simply place the lid back on, set to “Sealing,” and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. This recipe is near fool-proof, ad with a little trial and error, you will easily master the perfect sweet potato!