Category: Breakfast, Side Dish, Vegetarian
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broth or water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse quinoa in a fine metal strainer with running water for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the water runs clear.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add quinoa and toast it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce to low.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn of the heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit covered for an additional five minutes. Fluff and add to your favorite dishes.
- How to Cool It: If you are going to be sorting in the refrigerator, place on a rimmed baking sheet and allow to cool before transferring to a storage container.