Pumpkin Spice Chickpea Snack Mix
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice (avocado, coconut or olive)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat (silicone) and set aside.
- Combine maple syrup and all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and line in a single layer on paper towels to dry some of the moisture, replacing with dry paper towels as needed.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not add any salt or additional spices yet – this will help the chickpeas gain more crisp!
- Carefully remove chickpeas from the oven. Drizzle with oil of your choice and top with spice mixture. Carefully toss to coat, and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven once more. Rest on a trivet and gently shake to rotate chickpeas. Add pumpkin seeds and return to oven for 8-10 more minutes or desired crispiness. Remove from oven and allow baking sheet to cool completely, preferably on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, transfer mix to a bowl and add dark chocolate chips and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.