Category: Side Dish, Soup & Salad, Vegetarian
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled & finely diced (1 cup)
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, seeded & finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (optional)
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-14 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast 3 – 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool, then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Drain quinoa and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Add quinoa to pine nuts, and stir in cucumber, roma tomatoes, onion and parsley. Fold in olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately, and store any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4 up days.