Roasted Veggie Marinara
Category: Side Dish, Small Plates, Vegetarian
Total Time: 50 mins
- 3 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion, quartered
- 3 whole carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini, sliced
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat
- Line sliced tomatoes, onion, carrots and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for
approximately 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove roasted veggies from oven. Rest hot baking sheet on a trivet.
Add sliced zucchini or squash and flip all veggies. Roast an additional 12 – 15
minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender. Add basil, sea salt and black pepper and blend
on high speed until smooth. Add vegetable broth or water if needed to reach desired
- Serving ideas: Serve sauce over zoodles, spaghetti squash, butternut squash noodles,
or a baked chicken cutlet.