Category: Side Dish
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup sliced leeks or onion
- 4 cups chopped kale, Swiss chard or beet greens
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (found in healthy markets or in the baking aisle of most grocers)
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté sliced leeks over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add kale and 1/4 cup broth.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pressed garlic, lemon juice (or vinegar), tamari, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!