Shrimp Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
Category: Main Dish, Small Plates
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or Tamari
- 1-2 heads broccoli (chopped into bite sized florets)
- 3 carrots (julienned or matchsticked cuts )
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (finely diced)
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp rice brown vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 lb shrimp (deviened and peeled )
- 1/2 lb udon noodles
- 2 tbsp mirin or sake (rice wine)
- Cook udon noodles as directed. Drain and chill in refrigerator.
- Sauté shrimp, broccoli, carrots and snow peas in 1 T grapeseed oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic at the end to avoid burning garlic.
- Add 1 Tbsp vinegar, mirin, aminos and sesame seeds and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour remaining vinegar, mirin, aminos and 1 Tbsp sesame oil. Fold in noodles (chilled).
- Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil to veggies and quickly reheat on stovetop.
- Add the noodle mixture to the warm veggies and reheat until noodles are warmed through.