Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chilli
Category: Main Dish, Soup & Salad, Vegetarian
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow squash (chopped)
- 1 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans organic kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups organic vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- plain yogurt (optional for adding as a topping)
- Add all ingredients except the cilantro to the crockpot. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Check consistency about 30 minutes before finish time and add water or stock to thin if the mixture gets too thick
- If it’s too thin, take the lid off and let it cook down on high stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom
- Add fresh cilantro and a dollop of plain yogurt to serve.