Winter Brusssels Sprouts Salad
Category: Soup & Salad, Vegetarian
Total Time: 30 mins
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- t tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Shred Brussels sprouts using a mandolin. To shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor, use the slicing attachment and pulse the Brussels sprouts until they are shredded. You may also purchase already shaved from your local grocer.
- Place them into a medium bowl and toss with 1 tsp lemon juice, pine nuts, cranberries, and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the Brussels and top with grated cheese.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Finish with an additional drizzle of olive oil if you like.